Lakewood getting 11,000 feet of aging water main replaced
New Jersey American Water is making their next stop on the replacing water mains tour in Lakewood next week.
There will be about 11,000 feet of aging water main getting the boot and being replaced along with 11 fire hydrants and 178 utility owned service lines along the pipeline route.
Some of these water lines have been in place since the 1930's, NJAW said, and they'll be replaced with new 8-inch ductile iron main.
Here are the road being impacted by the upgrades:
· 11th Street from Forest Avenue to Princeton Avenue
· 10th Street from Madison Avenue to Lawrence Avenue
· Nineth Street from Madison Avenue to Clifton Avenue
· Seventh Street from Madison Avenue to Lexington Avenue
· Park Avenue from Second Street to Main Street
· Lincoln Street from Martin Luther King Drive to Arlington Avenue
· Maple Avenue from East Seventh Street to Hackett Street
· Cardinal Court entire length
It's a $3.4 million project about to get underway by New Jersey American Water’s local contractors, Perna Finnigan Inc. and CRJ Contracting, Inc., who will begin work on or about November 2 and they expect to finish by the end of January, weather permitting.
They'll be on the road from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
NJAW said that some work on Saturday’s may be required to maintain project schedule and final street restorations will be completed in the spring of 2021.
More From Townsquare Media Monmouth-Ocean: