This Might Help! 10 Fall Safety Tips for Ocean County Families
Here are some great tips to keep your family safe this fall season.
Fall is running and jumping in the leaves, trick-or-treat for Halloween, and corn mazes and pumpkins. It gets a lot darker at night earlier than in the summer.
Here are 10 great safety tips for you and your family:
1. Get a Flu Shot.
2. Test and replace your batteries in your smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detectors. ( I usually do this when we turn the clocks back one hour.) I always remember to do booth or I would forget.
3. With this crazy weather, make sure you have a game plan if you have to leave your home. And, it's so important to have a family kit ready, just in case...water, batteries, extra food, etc.
4. Maybe wear something reflective while walking at night and don't forget about your four-legged best friend, he or she needs something reflective on them, also.
5. Extra lighting around the outside of your house.
6. Driving on wet leaves, please be careful. They are slippery.
7. Fall is a good time to check your heater.
8. Does your family have a "fire escape plan"? Maybe it's a good time to get one, according to safebee.com.
9. If you have a chimney, it's a good time to get it cleaned.
10. Check your car and make sure it's "winter" ready.
*You might want to grab some more masks, just in case of masks getting mandated again.
Fall is a beautiful time to get outside and enjoy the Jersey Shore. Hope these "helpful" tips give you some ideas to help keep the family safe this fall season.
The 20 Dynamite New Jersey Diners That Are Too Tasty Not to Try