Monmouth County, NJ Photographer Captures Stunning Images of the Jersey Shore and Beyond
Joe Valencia is an amateur photographer who has spent more than 40 years working on his craft. To him, photography isn't a hobby it's love.
Valencia says if you bring up the topic of photography in a conversation you better get comfortable because he loves to talk about it almost as much as he loves doing it.
Joe says that he's had a number of photographers influence his work; Ansel Adams and Annie Leibovitz are but two. Valencia says just about anyone could be considered an "influence", if only subconsciously. Seldom does he just "look" at a photograph. He tends to study them and thus learn.
I first met Joe at the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention's annual walk at Bar A in Lake Como. He was volunteering his time taking pictures at the event. After speaking with him briefly, I came to realize that beyond being an incredible photographer, he's a good man.
The proof is on Joe's website. Under a section titled "Words To Live By," he references quotes that absolutely ring true.
- "It doesn't cost anything to be kind to someone."
- "From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life." - Arthur Ashe
When Joe isn't working as a programmer or out shooting, he likes to teach others about photography's joys, whether in-person or by writing instructional blog posts.
If you or someone you know is interested in photography, I encourage you to reach out to Joe Valencia.
- Joe Valencia Fine Art Photography - http://valencia32photo.myportfolio.com
- on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JoeValencia32
- on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/joevalenciaphotography
- on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/valencia32photo/
- on Twitter - https://twitter.com/WanderPhotog
- on Behance - https://www.behance.net/valencia3284bd
- on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wanderphotog/