Wawa Inc. opening the books for 1,000 new hires from Jersey Shore, NJ down to Virginia
How often do you go to Wawa for gas, or inside for a hoagie, smoothie, snacks, food of all kinds? Everyday? Every other day?
There may be a job for you or someone you know.
On Monday, Wawa Inc. announced in a written statement that they are starting to hire for the upcoming summer season with a goal of bringing on 1,000 on board at stores from the Jersey Shore down to Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia.
There are 37 Wawa stores in New Jersey alone that are hiring for the summer beach season.
- Avalon, 2701 Ocean Drive
- Barnegat, 550 North Main Street
- Barnegat, 945 West Bay Avenue
- Brigantine, 3932 Brigantine Boulevard
- Brigantine, 813 West Brigantine Boulevard
- Cape May, 1426-28 Texas Avenue
- Cape May, 3719 Bayshore Road
- Cape May Court House, 224 South Main Street
- Clarksburg, 548 Monmouth Road
- Galloway, 719 5th Avenue
- Long Beach Township, 13115 Long Beach Boulevard
- Margate, 9300 Ventnor Avenue
- Marmora, 30 Shore Road
- Manahawkin, 1400 Route 72
- Manahawkin, 320 Route 72 East
- Manahawkin, 470 North Main Street
- Manasquan, 2432 Highway #35
- Middletown, 75 Appleton Avenue
- Neptune, 1344 Corlies Avenue
- Normandy Beach, 3485 Route 35 North
- North Wildwood, 330 West Spruce Avenue
- Ocean City, 110 34th Street
- Ocean City, 1250 West Avenue
- Ocean View, 2500 North Route 9
- Rio Grande, 3601 Route 9 South
- Sea Isle City, 3800 Landis Avenue
- Ship Bottom, 902 Central Avenue
- Somers Point, 16 MacArthur Boulevard
- Somers Point, 102 New Road
- Somers Point, 502 Shore Road
- Stone Harbor, 9404 3rd Avenue
- Toms River, 179 Route 37 East
- Toms River, 2302 Route 37 East
- Ventnor, 5212 Ventnor Avenue
- Villas, 1515 Bayshore Road
- Wildwood, 418 West Rio Grande Avenue
- Wildwood, 3200 New Jersey Avenue
The hiring announcement is part of the company's annual employment push to fill seasonal jobs.
Your employment comes with some perks as well, including a free Shorti hoagie every shift and a special associate food menu that'll give you some discounted food items to buy for yourself as well.
“Summertime is an exciting time at Wawa stores. We are looking for associates seeking the opportunity to thrive in a food service, customer-focused environment at a company with a one-of a-kind culture of teamwork,” Stephanie Capaccio, Director of People Team Operations, said in a statement. “Anyone who visits Wawa knows that it’s our incredible associates who drive our business and make Wawa so special to our customers and communities.”
There are full and part-time positions open and salaries, including a starting wage for hourly store Associates of $15 per hour.
You can apply online through the Wawa careers website or in person if there is a career hiring session.
Dan Alexander contributed to this report.