The Countdown to Graduation
Now that spring break is over it’s a race to finish line for high school seniors, most of whom only have about 6 or 7 weeks before graduation.
For parents it’s a time filled with its own share of challenges with so many events on the calendar, plenty of requests for cash, and often heated arguments about everything from prom weekend to plans after graduation.
So when Facebook friend Anna Polozzo posted a blog from the parent of a high school senior from the website Grown & Flown it brought back memories and I thought I would share this with you. Here are some of “What Every High School Senior Mom is Thinking”:
- Seriously, you’re failing Art?
- Is it too early to start packing their crap for college?
- No, I’m not buying you a new backpack right now. Or ever again.
- Wait, how much are prom tickets?
- Senior skip day? Ok, but please don’t get arrested.
- He was just in kindergarten last month.
- Wait, how much is your tux, corsage and dinner going to cost?
- Oh, you cracked your phone? This time, you replace it.
- That’s fine, I don’t want to talk to you either. And also, when you have a major problem at college this fall, I’m going to remember this moment.
- Wait, how much is your cap and gown?
- He was just in 5th grade last week.
- With the money I’m going to save on groceries when you leave, I’m getting Botox.
- Wait, how much is your dorm deposit?
- I sure am going to miss these days! NOT
- He was just a freshman like yesterday.
- Lord I hope he knows to wash whites in HOT water.
- I am so done parenting right now, I can see why mama birds literally push babies out with zero hesitation.
- Wait, how much are your senior pictures?
- Don’t try to hug him too much over the next couple of months.
- You just get detention? Give me a break!
- I am so damn proud of this kid. And now I get to do it all over again with his younger siblings. Lord help me.
The website is a pretty cool one…check out grownandflown.com