Signs That Summer Is Coming To An End
So what are some of the signs that summer as most of us know it is coming to an end. I say most of us because those that are retired will tell you September is the best month of summer and we still have a ways to go until we get there. However for most Labor Day weekend is pretty much the end although frankly I think summer wraps up even before that.
Back to the signs that my favorite season is coming to an end:
- It’s getting darker earlier.
- Back to school shopping (which has already started).
- You no longer care that much that you grass is more brown than green.
- Signs for temporary Halloween stores are popping up.
- Kids start going back to college (which they will soon).
- NFL Training Camps open (which they did this week).
- End of summer sales which are coming soon and might have started in some instances.
- You’re wondering when your favorite TV shows will return in the fall.
- You dread your kids asking to go to the beach in the morning.
- You don’t care all that much anymore about your tan.
- You are actually looking forward to hearing these two words….pumpkin spice.
- You start talking to your family about Christmas.
I have no idea if any of these apply to you but here’s one that applies to all of us. Monday is August 1st and there’s no getting around that.
See How School Cafeteria Meals Have Changed Over the Past 100 Years
Using government and news reports, Stacker has traced the history of cafeteria meals from their inception to the present day, with data from news and government reports. Read on to see how various legal acts, food trends, and budget cuts have changed what kids are getting on their trays.