Outstanding! The Best Boardwalk Food in Ocean County, New Jersey
What is the best “boardwalk” food in Ocean County? First, let's talk boardwalk food. What is “boardwalk” food, well obviously anything edible on the boardwalk, even though some towns have “boardwalk” food but might not be exactly on the boards. Does that make sense? Lol you know what I mean lol
To me boardwalk food is cheesesteaks, pizza, fries, sausage and peppers, burgers, hot dogs, ice cream, Italian ice, funnel cake, zeppoles, etc.
Get our free mobile app
By the way....first how do you pronounce “zeppole” and if you are not familiar with zeppoles.....
“A zeppola is an Italian pastry consisting of a deep-fried dough ball of varying size but typically about 4 inches in diameter. This fritter is usually topped with powdered sugar, and may be filled with custard, jelly, cannoli-style pastry cream, or a butter-and-honey mixture. Wikipedia”
My personal favorite on the boardwalk is a sausage & peppers, hands down my favorite. I’d probably go with pizza as a back-up. On the sweet side I would grab zeppole’s with lots of powdered sugar. How about YOU what is your favorite boardwalk food?
So now that we have talked about the “food” let’s talk about the “place”. Where do YOU get your best boardwalk food at? Is it on the boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach? Seaside Heights? Seaside Park? Long Beach Island? Here are several highly rated eateries according to YELP.
- Maruca’s Pizz. - Seaside Heights
- Steaks Unlimited - Seaside Heights
- Local Smoke BBQ - Seaside Heights
- Beachcomber - Seaside Heights
- The Sawmill - Seaside Park
- Jenkinson’s Pavilion - Point Pleasant Beach
- Beach Taco - Seaside Park
- Point Lobster Company - Point Pleasant Beach
- Bay Village Pizza - Beach Haven
- Panzone’s - Beach Haven
- Chicken or the Egg - Beach Haven
- Speakeasy - Ship Bottom
- Joey’s Pizza - Ship Bottom
- Surf City Pizza
- The Sand Bar - Seaside Park
So what is your favorite boardwalk food ? And where do you get yours from ?