Jersey Shore Bucket List For The Next Several Weeks
I don’t want to be a downer but I am clearly a “glass is half-empty” kind of guy. So when I say there are only seven more weekends before Labor Day it’s not because I want to depress those of you who like me love summer. Anyway I was thinking how back in winter and during the pandemic some of us proclaimed that this would be the summer to enjoy many of the things the Jersey Shore has to offer. Well what are you waiting for, the clock is ticking but there is still time to:
- Catch a Jersey Shore BlueClaws game. There are only four more week-long home stands before the final home game on September 12th.
- Go fly a kite! Every Wednesday on the 7th Avenue Beach in Seaside Park they hold Kite Night. It’s a great family event and stay a bit longer to watch the fireworks in nearby Seaside Heights.
- Speaking of which. Bring your appetite and spend a couple of hours strolling the boardwalk in the Park & Heights. There are plenty of food options to choose from but at the very least have a slice of pizza from Three Brothers, Maruca’s and/or The Sawmill. You can eat your way from one end of the boardwalk to the other and there’s several bars to stop in and have a cold one with your slice. Finish up with ice cream from Kohr’s.
- Spend a weekend afternoon at Monmouth Park, one of the country’s truly majestic race tracks. You can’t bring coolers this year but they are doing live racing on Friday’s beginning at 5pm with free parking and admission.
- Take a ride to LBI and stop in for breakfast or the legendary wings at “Chicken or the Egg” in Beach Haven or as locals call it CHEGG. Combine that with visits to Thundering Surf Waterpark and Adventure Golf and Fantasy Island and you’ve got a full day.
- Speaking of miniature golf there are plenty of options but I like Smuggler’s Quay Adventure Golf which is part of the Breakwater Beach Waterpark and there’s also Beach Family Golf on the boulevard in Seaside Heights.
- Enjoy a day and night on the beach and boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach and take advantage of all the offerings at Jenkinson’s and grab a cocktail as well at Martell’s.
- As a matter of fact enjoy a cocktail at any place that overlooks the water on a comfortable evening.
That’s a lot to do in the next few weeks but give it your best shot!
Top Jersey Shore Bars We Can't Wait To Hit Up This Summer