You Know You’re From Jersey (North) When:
There are many versions of this so I claim no creativity in presenting it to you. It is simply a version I read on Facebook and with editing for time restraints I now present “You Know You’re From Jersey When.” Actually if you were born and raised here it should be titled “You Know You’re From North Jersey When”:
- You don’t think of fruit when people mention “The Oranges.”
- You know it’s really called Great Adventure, not Six Flags.
- You’ve known the way to Seaside Heights since you were seven.
- At least 3 people in your family still love Bruce, and you know the town Jon Bon Jovi is from.
- You know what a “jug handle” is.
- You know that Wawa is a convenience store.
- You know how to properly negotiate a traffic circle.
- You know this is the only “New” state that doesn’t require “New” to identify it (try Mexico, York, Hampshire…doesn’t work, does it?).
- You know that people from the 609 area code are a little different. Yes they are!
- You live within 20 minutes of at least three different malls.
- Every year you have at least one kid in your class named Tony.
- You know the location of just about every clip shown in the Sopranos opening credits.
- You know that people from North Jersey go to Seaside Heights, people from Central Jersey go to LBI, and people from South Jersey go to Wildwood.
- You don’t consider Camden to actually be part of the state.
- You’ve had a boardwalk cheese streak and vinegar fries.
- You start planning for Memorial Day Weekend in February.
- And you’ve never, ever had to pump your own gas.