A Dozen Positives That Come With Winter
We’ve had a few instances of winter weather so far and certainly more will be on the way with temperatures staying in the 30’s and 40’s for most of the remainder of December. No big storms predicted but of course that can change in a hurry.
As I have gotten older my dislike for winter weather has grown. While I could make an endless list of what I love about spring, summer and fall it’s harder to come up with positives between late December and late March. However in trying to be a “glass is half-full” guy I have come up with a list of 12 things I like about winter not counting Christmas.
- Comfort food is very enjoyable.
- Sweaters cover your stomach.
- The aroma of a roaring fireplace.
- Snuggling under warm blankets.
- Sweat pants.
- The feeling you get when you open the door and breathe in cold air.
- Watching football playoff games in the snow.
- Never feeling obligated to leave your house if you don’t want to.
- Binge watching shows on TV.
- No mosquitos or flies to worry about.
- Once we get past December 21 the days get longer.
- Leaving the cold for a warm, sunny vacation.
Of course there are others but that’s good for now.
16 Amazing Winter Day Trips That Aren't Too Far From New Jersey
Gallery Credit: Chris Coleman