Hot Stuff! How Hot Will Our Weekend Be Here in Ocean County, New Jersey
We have had nearly five days of this current heat wave this week, how much more will we see? Will the current heat wave dip into our weekend here at the Jersey Shore?
First, we will have a heat advisory in effect for Monmouth and Ocean Counties until Sunday Night. Seeing this advisory I think it's easy to see we will have a hot summer weekend coming up.
Here is Chief Meteorologist Dan Zarrow's forecast:
- SATURDAY... MORE SWELTERING SUNSHINE... HIGH AGAIN 92
- SUNDAY... INCREASING CLOUDS... SCORCHING HOT... HIGH 95
So it looks like the heat wave continues, will next week bring relief? Stay with us for the latest.
NOAA (On Their Scijinks Page) had some tips to help "beat the heat" and they can be useful here in New Jersey this week:
- Take it easy. Slow down and avoid doing strenuous work.
- Dress for the weather. Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing.
- Drink lots of water. Unless you have a condition that is affected by changing how much fluid you drink, it’s a good idea to keep as hydrated as possible.
- Avoid high-protein foods and meat. Eating these can increase your body’s heat production.
- Find an air-conditioned place to hang out. Don’t have an air conditioner of your own? Find a friend with one, or go to a public place like a library that has one.
- Be very careful in cars. Cars heat up extremely fast. You should never spend time in a parked car with windows closed, and you should always be wary of hot metal objects both inside (like seatbelt buckles) and outside the car.
- Avoid getting too much sun. Sunburns make it harder for your body to cool off.
LOOK: The most extreme temperatures in the history of every state
TIPS: Here's how you can prepare for power outages