Expect delays and road closures in Lakewood coming up
There will be some road closures, delays and alternate routes in Lakewood coming up as New Jersey Amercian Water announced Friday that they will be replacing about 3,000 feet of again sewer main and 8,000 feet of aging water main.
On top of that, there will be eight new fire hydrants installed along with 85 utility owned services lines being upgraded.
Some of the pipeline and water and sewer lines being updated were installed as far back as the 1930’s, according to NJAW, but it'll be replaced with new 8-inch PVC sewer main and ductile iron water main.
Here are the roads being impacted in Lakewood.
· Bradshaw Road from Central Avenue to Caranetta Drive
· Caranetta Drive entire length
· Freeman Road from Central Avenue to Caranetta Drive
· Harrison Place from Central Avenue to Caranetta Drive
· Kimball Road from Central Avenue to Caranetta Drive
· Oak Knoll Road from Case Road to North Lake Drive
· South Lake Drive from Central Avenue to Freeman Road and from Davis Road to Sunset Road
· Sunset Road from Central Avenue to Caranetta Drive
It's a $3.4 million investment and something that New Jersey American Water’s contractor, CRJ Contracting, will be leading the charge on starting along Oak Knoll Road which they expect to be done in about a month.
NJAW said that Perna Finnigan, Inc. will begin work on the remaining streets byJune 1 and they expect it to be completed by the end of October.
Final street restorations for everything "will be completed in the fall of 2021."