Can’t Wait for Football? There’s a Team for That
With apologies to those who get goosebumps over hearing “pitchers and catchers reporting” we are entering a sort of a sports purgatory, especially if your NBA & NHL teams are not very good and your favorite college basketball team is North Carolina.
Of course there is the latest edition of the XFL with the inaugural season to kick off Saturday when the Seattle Dragons visit the DC Defenders. For one million dollars cash can you name the other six teams in the league?
Times up but they are the Los Angeles Wildcats, Houston Roughnecks, St. Louis Battlehawks, Dallas Renegades, Tampa Bay Vipers and New York Guardians.
Ah hah, you didn’t even know that there was a New York/New Jersey team in this latest attempt at a spring pro football league. Well there is and they host Tampa Bay Sunday at 2pm at MetLife Stadium and I’m sure there are plenty of tickets available.
Let me move on to a few other things:
- It seems nobody knows who won the Iowa Democratic Caucus because of some technical glitches which leads to the question: why in this day and age does that state use a system that should have ended with prohibition? I’m sure things move a bit slower in Iowa but come on.
- Not that they care but Beyoncé & Jay-Z are getting well-deserved criticism for not standing during the playing of the National Anthem at the Super Bowl on Sunday. None of that criticism will come from the NFL who has partnered with Jay-Z to work on the league’s social justice initiatives. What a team!
- I hope Harvey Weinstein becomes a thing of the past in the very near future.
- Maybe the most impressive thing about Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes was not rallying his team to a Super Bowl victory on Sunday night but just a few hours after partying at a Miami nightclub riding on a float at Disney World with Mickey Mouse and looking awake.
- I just checked and the Pony Express riders still have not delivered the final results of the Iowa Caucus.