Baseball, Bikinis, The Beatles & More
On this first weekday of August I throw out notes and thoughts on a variety of things:
- When it comes to the Toms River East Little League it seems like history keeps repeating itself. The boys from Windsor Avenue won the New Jersey State title following an 8-4 win over Hillsdale Sunday night in Cherry Hill. Carson Frazier’s three-run homer highlighted a six-run, 2nd inning that blew the game open. Toms River East now sets their sight on the Mid-Atlantic Region Tournament in Bristol, Connecticut where they will face the Delaware state champions on Sunday morning in their opening game.
- I really do enjoy watching the Olympics and the interesting story lines that develop over the two weeks. However between the 13 hour time difference and all the different TV channels carrying events this year has been a challenge for viewers.
- I think it’s pretty obvious Anthony Rizzo was a very good pick-up for the Yankees who have won 5 of their last 6 games.
- I’ve said this before and I continue to believe the peak years of the NFL are over and while still very much the #1 sport in America it could lose some of its grip in the next few years.
- I’m not a music guy but if I was driving cross country and could only listen to three groups it would be The Beatles, The Beach Boys and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.
- If I had a teen-age daughter I would be strongly opposed to her wearing a thong/wedge bikini which continue to gain popularity on area beaches. I didn’t say I would not allow her to wear one…I would leave that to her mother.
- I wish this was the first weekday of June and not August.
Where To Get The Juciest Burgers At The Shore
Sometimes...you just need a solid burger.