A Little Of This And A Little Of That
• So the Ocean County Saint Patrick’s Day Parade was postponed because of horrible weather and Saint Patrick’s Day itself was not very nice. Well maybe the third time will be the charm as the parade has officially been re-scheduled for Saturday, April 2nd in Seaside Heights. Here’s hoping the little luck comes to the Irish on that day.
• Spring officially arrives Sunday at 11:33 in the morning which is always something to celebrate. It doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll have warm weather right away but I think it’s safe to put away your snow blower.
• The spring sports season has officially begun for high school baseball, softball, lacrosse teams and more. However the winter season continues for the Girls basketball teams at St. John Vianney and Manasquan. Ranked 1-2 in the state they play tonight in the semifinals of the Tournament of Champions at the RWJBarnabas Health Arena. The Lady Lancers take on Sparta while the Warriors meet Rutgers Prep and if all goes well the two Shore Conference rivals will meet Sunday at Rutgers in what would be the last TOC final.
• Earlier this week the Toms River Board of Education honored the Teachers and Educational Services Professionals of the Year in the district at their monthly meeting. Among those honored as Teachers of the Year were Jenn Meyer and her husband Richard Meyer. Jenn teaches kindergarten at Beachwood Elementary School and Richard is a 5th grade teacher at West Dover Elementary School. Congratulations to both of them and all those honored.
• And while handing out congratulations. This week the New Jersey PTA named Dr. Thomas Farrell of the Brick Township Public School District as their Superintendent of the Year. Quite an honor for Dr. Farrell who is only in his second year at Brick and will receive his award next month.
Some Of The Best Breweries At The Jersey Shore