20 Things That P_ss Me Off
I’m going to change things up a bit because I feel we need something light and frivolous as opposed to all the heavy stuff associated with the pandemic.
In the past I have talked about my pet peeves but today I’m more interested in mentioning some of the really little things that sometimes drive me crazy. None of these are really significant but depending on your mood can simply set you off.
- I’m ready to get out of the shower in the morning and realize I left the towel on the other side of the room
- Leaving home or my office without my phone and having to go back to get it.
- Getting behind someone at a drive-thru who examines the menu like they are at a fine dining restaurant.
- Getting home with your food order and realizing it is wrong.
- The frustration of trying to open one of those packets of ketchup or mustard. Better yet the butter ones you get with breakfast.
- The zipper on my backpack getting caught in the material and I can’t do anything with it.
- Losing my place in a book I am reading.
- Buying a book which I’ve already read (just did this).
- An empty paper towel dispenser in any bathroom.
- Forgetting my reading glasses when they are needed.
- Trying to open a new roll of Scotch tape.
- Being asked on your computer to type in captcha letters/words for security purposes which you can’t make out and then getting a message you are wrong and having to do it again (and again and again).
- People having loud conversations on their cell phone in a public place.
- Trying to pick something up that you dropped which for some reason refuses to come off the ground.
- Waiting for someone to pull out of a parking space and they take their time even though they know you are there.
- Getting a pizza to go and the slices are not cut properly.
- Somebody telling you the end of a movie or show which you taped and were planning to watch later.
- Spilling coffee on your clothes first thing in the morning on a day you have an important meeting.
- Calling a business or office and being greeted with “please hold” and you’re still holding a couple of minutes later.
- People who make lists about little things that bother them.