A dog was killed in a flash fire inside a camper parked on a Toms River driveway.

Camper on fire in Toms River (Toms River Police via Ocean County Signal)

Toms Rive Police say the owner of the 1984 Ambassador RV camper, Georgia resident Neal Cowe, was staying in a camper on Water Street and inadvertently had gas make contact with a carburetor, causing a fiery explosion.

Cowe was thrown from inside the vehicle out the driver’s door and suffered burns. A dog inside the camper was killed. Crowe was hospitalized for his injuries while Crowe's two other dogs were put in the care of  Ocean County Animal Control.

The fire caused traffic on Hooper Avenues and Washington Street in Toms River to be detoured for two hours on Wednesday night.

Remains of camper that exploded and caught fire in Toms River (Toms River Police via Ocean County Signal)