The Fast Second Half of Life
You’ll forgive me as I’m on a bit of a nostalgia trip and spending a lot of time reflecting on how the second half of my 62 years has gone so much faster then the first 31.
I’m trying to find a way to slow things down but can’t because life simply does not work that way.
A while back a friend sent me something about getting older (I seem to get a lot of those things these days) and while I’m not quite there yet some of these might resonate with some of you.
- Your kids are becoming you but your grandchildren are perfect! (I don’t have any of those yet).
- Going out is good. Coming home is better!
- You forget names but that’s OK because some people forgot they even knew you!
- You realize you’re never going to be really good at anything like golf.
- You sleep better on a lounge chair with the TV on then in bed. It’s called “pre-sleep.”
- You miss the days when everything worked with just an ON and OFF switch.
- You tend to use more four letter words….”what?”….”when?”
- What used to be freckles are now liver or aging spots.
- Everybody seems to whisper.
- You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet, 2 of which you will never wear.
Of course old is good in some things…old songs, old movies and best of all, old friends!
And I close with this thought that applies to all. Today is the oldest you’ve ever been, yet the youngest you’ll lever be, so enjoy the day while it lasts.