Powerball keeps growing: Jackpot now $650 million for Wednesday drawing
TRENTON — The Powerball jackpot has grown again as no one won for the 20th straight drawing. While there was no big winner a million dollar winning ticket was sold in New Jersey.
The jackpot now grows to an annuity value of $650 million for Wednesday night, with a cash value of $411.7 million. That marks the third largest jackpot ever offered by Powerball or Mega Millions. The largest jackpot had an annuity value of $1.5 billion and was won in January, 2016 divided between three Powerball tickets.
Saturday night's winning numbers were: 7-19-39-43-68, Powerball: 13 and the Power Play: 4
A ticket worth $1 million for matching 5 numbers — but not the Powerball — was sold in New Jersey. There were also 6 tickets that matched 4 numbers and the Powerball worth $50,000 each sold in New Jersey.
The large jackpot also leads many offices to pool their resources to play more tickets and improve their chances of winning. The New Jersey Lottery offers tax forms that account for shared jackpots. Some other suggestions from the Lottery if you are playing as part of a group:
- Appoint a contact person who will serve as the primary recipient of the prize
- Make copies of all tickets and distribute to all participants before the drawing
- IRS form 5754 must be completed in order to share the prize and related taxes
- All winners, tickets, transactions, drawings, prizes and prize payments are subject to New Jersey Lottery Rules and Regulations and State Law. In the case of a married couple that files a joint tax return, a single claim form can be filed and a single check will be processed.
Author Robert Pagliarini had additional suggestiosn in an article for Forbes.com
- Create a contract signed by all participants regarding how the numbers are picked and if you are taking the cash payout or the annuity
- Post the list in a common area so there is no question who is part of the pool
Contact reporter Dan Alexander at Dan.Alexander@townsquaremedia.com
More from WOBM: