A malfunctioning forklift caused a carbon monoxide alarm to go off at a Jackson business in the industrial park Thursday, according to Jackson Fire Department.

None of the employees inside showed any symptoms of being poisoned but they were all checked out as a precaution.

Due to higher levels of CO at the business firefighters say they had to use self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) while looking for the alarm trigger.

The open building doors and ventilation system help removed the poisonous carbon monoxide gas from the business.

The forklift was removed from the building by Battalion Chief John Lamm.

The new detector had just been installed the day prior.

Jackson Fire crews encourage everyone to get a carbon monoxide detector.

Jackson Fire Fighter drives out forklift that caused CO investigation. (Jackson Fire Department)

More From WOBM: