Autopsy Finds White Residue on Spoon in Whitney Houston’s Room [VIDEO]
Whitney Houston’s autopsy report says detectives found white powdery substances and a spoon with white residue in the hotel room where she died.
The report released Wednesday also shows that Houston had cocaine throughout her system.
The report details the singer’s final day, with the singer complaining of a sore throat and an assistants suggesting she take a bath before preparing for a pre-Grammy party.
The Grammy winning singer died Feb. 11 after drowning in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Her death has been ruled as accidental and coroner’s officials cited heart disease and cocaine use as contributing factors.
Highlights from the extensive report:
• According to her personal assistant, Houston had been complaining of a sore throat for a few days before her death. On Feb. 11, the assistant suggested the singer take a bath. When the assistant returned from running errands, she found Houston facedown in the bathtub, and with the help of a bodyguard, she pulled Houston out and then called 911.
• A synopsis of her death in the report mentions that Houston “possibly overdosed on a narcotic substance, prescription medications, over the counter medications and alcohol.”
• Inside Room 434 of the Beverly Hills Hilton, where Houston was discovered, investigators found “an ashtray filled with multiple cigarette butts” on the bathroom counter along with “a small spoon with a white crystal like substance in it and a rolled up piece of white paper.”
• In a bathroom drawer, officials also found “remnants of a white powdery substance and a portable mirror on a base” and “more remnants of a white powdery substance” on the bottom of that base.
• There was no foul play in the death and the only trauma to her body was an “old healed vertical scar … on her inner lower left forearm.”
• When she was found, Houston had a bloody nose, and the autopsy reveals that she also had “perforation of posterior nasal septum.”
• At the time of her death, Houston was 5-foot-6 and weighed 151 pounds. The condition of her body was listed as “fair” in the report.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)